Herath awaiting clearance for CLT20
Colombo: Left-arm spinner Rangana Herath might have been named in the Kandurata Maroons team for the Champions League Twenty20 but he is yet to get clearance to play in the tournament, the Sri Lanka Cricket said on Wednesday.
CL technical committee is yet to take a call on Herath`s participation as his entry could be tantamount to flouting of the rules of player participation.
Herath was rested by the SLC during the Super 4 domestic T20 competition despite he was billed to play for North Yellows, one of the four teams.
"We are awaiting CL approval for Herath," SLC CEO Ashley de Silva said.
Herath is currently in India with the Maroons team after he was named as replacement for injured fast bowler Dhammika Prasad overlooking the reserves of the Maroons.
The SLC was keen to include its top spinner in the Maroons squad to bolster their chances in the CLT20 after the Sri Lankan representative teams in the previous editions had been knocked out in the preliminary rounds, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry