Herath awaiting clearance for CLT20
Colombo: Left-arm spinner Rangana Herath might have been named in the Kandurata Maroons team for the Champions League Twenty20 but he is yet to get clearance to play in the tournament, the Sri Lanka Cricket said on Wednesday.
CL technical committee is yet to take a call on Herath`s participation as his entry could be tantamount to flouting of the rules of player participation.
Herath was rested by the SLC during the Super 4 domestic T20 competition despite he was billed to play for North Yellows, one of the four teams.
"We are awaiting CL approval for Herath," SLC CEO Ashley de Silva said.
Herath is currently in India with the Maroons team after he was named as replacement for injured fast bowler Dhammika Prasad overlooking the reserves of the Maroons.
The SLC was keen to include its top spinner in the Maroons squad to bolster their chances in the CLT20 after the Sri Lankan representative teams in the previous editions had been knocked out in the preliminary rounds, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation