How far can Mumbai Indians go without Malinga in Champions League T20?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga has been an integral part of the Mumbai Indians, and his absence in Champions League T20 is something which would be bothering the team management for sure.
From Sachin Tendulkar to Harbhajan Singh, Malinga eased the pressure off all skippers by picking wickets at regular intervals for the 2013 IPL winners as and when required.
But as the Lankan withdrew from CL T20 due to personal commitments, the squad is likely to lose some sheen as their highest wicket taker in IPL (103), and the only bowler to complete a century of wickets will miss the tournament this time.
In the absence of the 28-year-old, the pace attack will depend a lot upon Mitchell Johnson who has been in some terrific form of late. Along with the Aussie pacer, a lot will also depend on Harbhajan Singh who is eyeing a comeback into the Indian squad for quite some time now.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India