How far can Mumbai Indians go without Malinga in Champions League T20?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga has been an integral part of the Mumbai Indians, and his absence in Champions League T20 is something which would be bothering the team management for sure.
From Sachin Tendulkar to Harbhajan Singh, Malinga eased the pressure off all skippers by picking wickets at regular intervals for the 2013 IPL winners as and when required.
But as the Lankan withdrew from CL T20 due to personal commitments, the squad is likely to lose some sheen as their highest wicket taker in IPL (103), and the only bowler to complete a century of wickets will miss the tournament this time.
In the absence of the 28-year-old, the pace attack will depend a lot upon Mitchell Johnson who has been in some terrific form of late. Along with the Aussie pacer, a lot will also depend on Harbhajan Singh who is eyeing a comeback into the Indian squad for quite some time now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP