How far can Mumbai Indians go without Malinga in Champions League T20?
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga has been an integral part of the Mumbai Indians, and his absence in Champions League T20 is something which would be bothering the team management for sure.
From Sachin Tendulkar to Harbhajan Singh, Malinga eased the pressure off all skippers by picking wickets at regular intervals for the 2013 IPL winners as and when required.
But as the Lankan withdrew from CL T20 due to personal commitments, the squad is likely to lose some sheen as their highest wicket taker in IPL (103), and the only bowler to complete a century of wickets will miss the tournament this time.
In the absence of the 28-year-old, the pace attack will depend a lot upon Mitchell Johnson who has been in some terrific form of late. Along with the Aussie pacer, a lot will also depend on Harbhajan Singh who is eyeing a comeback into the Indian squad for quite some time now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!