I was eager to prove myself after snub: Rahul Shukla
Jaipur: Rookie pacer Rahul Shukla, who stole the limelight with figures of three for 23 in Rajasthan Royals` four-wicket win over Otago Volts in a crucial Champions League Twenty20 match, said he was eager to prove his worth after being dropped for two games.
Shukla, who was included in place of Vikramjeet Malik, scalped three Otago wickets in one over to restrict the Volts to a modest 139 for seven.
"I was dropped from previous matches and was keen to play. It made me even more determined and eager to prove myself," said Shukla, who earned the man-of-the-match award for his exploits with the ball.
"My plan was to bowl as well as I could and not to give any width."
Shukla said he considers Rajasthan Royals skipper Rahul Dravid as his idol.
"Dravid is my idol and it is great playing under him. The captain backs me a lot," the 23-year-old fast bowler from Jharkhand said.
"My journey till now has been fine. I had played for Mumbai Indians earlier but a stress fracture and later a groin injury saw my two years going in vain," said Shukla, who is yet to seal his place in his state team.
"I hope my recent performances would help me."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened