Mahendra Singh Dhoni sports Mohawk at Champions League T20
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni debuted for India in 2004, it wasn’t just his exploits with the bat that caught the world’s attention. Along with his rising popularity as a hard hitting batsman, his long hair became a rage among the masses too.
And now on Sunday, arguably the best Indian captain ever, surprised everyone with his new mohawk hairstyle during his team Chennai Super Kings’ opening match of the 2013 Champions League against Titans.
After India’s T20 World Cup triumph in 2007 during which he had long hair, Dhoni cropped his hair short.
Now, he is sporting a look that has been made popular by other sporting icons like Mario Balotelli and El Shaarawy.
Dhoni is leading CSK in the CLT20 that began from Friday with his team registering their first win on Sunday night defeating Titans.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen