Major blow for Royals as in-form Brad Hodge ruled out of CL T20 final
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals were dealt a massive blow ahead of their Champions League Twenty20 summit clash as destructive batsman Brad Hodge, who injured his knee in the semifinal, was declared unfit for Sunday`s match.
Hodge had collided with Shane Watson whose head hit Hodge`s knee at point during the final over of Chennai Super Kings` chase in the first semifinal match at the Sawai Mansingh Stadium in Jaipur last night.
The Aussie had to go off the field, and scans were performed on his knee, of which result is awaited.
Rajasthan Royals coach Paddy Upton told ESPNcricinfo about Hodge, who has been sensational for them as a finisher.
The 38-year-old has scored 109 runs in three innings, including two not-outs at a strike rate of 198.
His unbeaten 52 off 23 balls against Otago Volts was instrumental in Royals securing a home semi-final, which they won by 14 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love