MI skipper Rohit Sharma fined for slow over-rate
Jaipur:Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined USD 1,500, while his teammates were docked USD 750 each for maintaining a slow over-rate during their Champions League Twenty20 match against the Mumbai Indians here.
"Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined after the team maintained a slow over rate during last night`s CLT20 match against Rajasthan Royals in Jaipur," the CLT20 organisers said in a statement.
At the end of the match last night, Mumbai Indians were assessed to be one over behind the required rate after allowances were taken into consideration.
"Since it was his first offence of the season under the CLT20`s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Sharma was fined USD 1,500 whilst each team member was fined USD 750," it added.
Mumbai lost by seven wickets to Rajasthan Royals to open their CL T20 campaign on a disappointing note here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP