MI skipper Rohit Sharma fined for slow over-rate
Jaipur:Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined USD 1,500, while his teammates were docked USD 750 each for maintaining a slow over-rate during their Champions League Twenty20 match against the Mumbai Indians here.
"Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has been fined after the team maintained a slow over rate during last night`s CLT20 match against Rajasthan Royals in Jaipur," the CLT20 organisers said in a statement.
At the end of the match last night, Mumbai Indians were assessed to be one over behind the required rate after allowances were taken into consideration.
"Since it was his first offence of the season under the CLT20`s Code of Conduct relating to minimum over-rate offences, Sharma was fined USD 1,500 whilst each team member was fined USD 750," it added.
Mumbai lost by seven wickets to Rajasthan Royals to open their CL T20 campaign on a disappointing note here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok