Mitchell Marsh to miss Champions League in India due to injury
Sydney: Perth Scorchers young gun will not play in the Champions League T20 tournament in India after being ruled out with yet another hamstring injury.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Scorchers coach Justin Langer said 22-year-old Marsh sustained the injury during Australia A`s tour of South Africa and then re-injured the hamstring during training, and was expected to be out for eight to 10 weeks.
Veteran Brad Hogg will be included in the line-up, and Langer said that while it would be a tough tour, the enthusiasm of youth could not be discounted, the report said.
He said that the main advantage of their team was that it was pretty united and there was a lot of enthusiasm in the group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!