MS Dhoni enthralls home crowd, slams fastest half-century in Champions League T20
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Ranchi: He has established himself as one of the most destructive batsmen in world cricket and MS Dhoni was at his brutal best against the Sunrisers Hyderabad when he slammed a half-century off just 16 balls, the highest in the Champions League T20 history on Thursday.
The Sunrisers bowlers were left clueless as the Chennai Super Kings skipper clobbered them to all parts of the ground. Dhoni surpassed Kieron Pollard’s record where he had scored a half-century off 18 balls in 2009.
The third over bowled by Thisara Perera proved to be a decisive one as he began with a wide ball and Dhoni gave the crowd entertainment worth their money as he smashed five sixes in the over.
Chennai managed to post a mammoth score of 202 runs at the end of 20 overs and Dhoni remained unbeaten on 63 runs from just 19 balls. Apart from Dhoni’s carnage, Suresh Raina played yet another scintillating innings – 84 from 57 balls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit