MS Dhoni enthralls home crowd, slams fastest half-century in Champions League T20
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Ranchi: He has established himself as one of the most destructive batsmen in world cricket and MS Dhoni was at his brutal best against the Sunrisers Hyderabad when he slammed a half-century off just 16 balls, the highest in the Champions League T20 history on Thursday.
The Sunrisers bowlers were left clueless as the Chennai Super Kings skipper clobbered them to all parts of the ground. Dhoni surpassed Kieron Pollard’s record where he had scored a half-century off 18 balls in 2009.
The third over bowled by Thisara Perera proved to be a decisive one as he began with a wide ball and Dhoni gave the crowd entertainment worth their money as he smashed five sixes in the over.
Chennai managed to post a mammoth score of 202 runs at the end of 20 overs and Dhoni remained unbeaten on 63 runs from just 19 balls. Apart from Dhoni’s carnage, Suresh Raina played yet another scintillating innings – 84 from 57 balls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official