Mumbai Indians to start CLT20 preparations from Friday
Mumbai: IPL champions Mumbai Indians will commence its` preparation-cum-conditioning camp ahead of the Champions League T20 from Friday at its home ground in Ahmedabad.
The team will have a five-day camp at the Sardar Patel Stadium and later return to play its two home matches in the city on September 23 and 27.
"Mumbai Indians had a great season in IPL 2013 emerging victorious. We are looking forward to begin our CLT20 campaign from where we had left," said team mentor Anil Kumble.
"Ahmedabad is our new home ground during the League. This is the first time Mumbai Indians is setting its foot in this city and it would be exciting to play in front of our fans here in Gujarat."
Anil Kumble will be joined by team`s head coach John Wright, Robin Singh, Jonty Rhodes, Nitin Patel and Paul Chapman in the support staff.
Placed in Group A, Mumbai Indians will play its first match ? also the CLT20 opener - against Rajasthan Royals on September 21 in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'