Mumbai Indians to start CLT20 preparations from Friday
Mumbai: IPL champions Mumbai Indians will commence its` preparation-cum-conditioning camp ahead of the Champions League T20 from Friday at its home ground in Ahmedabad.
The team will have a five-day camp at the Sardar Patel Stadium and later return to play its two home matches in the city on September 23 and 27.
"Mumbai Indians had a great season in IPL 2013 emerging victorious. We are looking forward to begin our CLT20 campaign from where we had left," said team mentor Anil Kumble.
"Ahmedabad is our new home ground during the League. This is the first time Mumbai Indians is setting its foot in this city and it would be exciting to play in front of our fans here in Gujarat."
Anil Kumble will be joined by team`s head coach John Wright, Robin Singh, Jonty Rhodes, Nitin Patel and Paul Chapman in the support staff.
Placed in Group A, Mumbai Indians will play its first match ? also the CLT20 opener - against Rajasthan Royals on September 21 in Jaipur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'