My job is to perform, I don`t think about other things: Pravin Tambe
Jaipur: Veteran leg-spinner Pravin Tambe, whose superb effort of four for 15 was instrumental in Rajasthan Royals` 30-run win over Highveld Lions, said he used variations and concentrated on bowling wicket to wicket.
"It is always pleasing when your team wins. I am happy we did so. Though it is a kind of wicket which suits the pacers but I knew the variations and stump to stump bowling would get wickets," said the 41-year-old spinner.
"I used variations in pace while keeping that line and got the wickets. Variations are very important in this type of cricket," he added.
Asked whether he hoped to play for Mumbai at the age of 41, Tambe said, "I don`t think about my age but only about my game. Even Rajasthan Royals have picked me because of my game and did not look at my age. My job is to perform and I don`t think about other things."
Tambe, who was just another club cricketer plying his trade in Mumbai Maidans before last edition of IPL, ran through the Lions` middle-order with his fast leg-breaks and the bowler felt all the four wickets were important.
"I feel all of them were equally important. I like pitches where the ball skids as it helps me bowl my flippers. If there is turn on offer then I am fine with it as that will also help bowl leg breaks. I know my role in this team and I know where to bowl," he said.
Tambe cleaned up Hardus Viljoen (24) and rival captain Alviro Peterson (40) with fastish deliveries, he mixed it up cleverly getting Jean Symes with one flighted outside off-stump and Sohail Tanvir with a fullish delivery that found plumb in-front.
Asked if he knew that he would be included in the playing XI, Tambe said everyone needed to ready all the time to take the field.
"I knew our squad is small now and everybody has to be ready all the time. I, too, was ready and knew I may get a chance. I don`t think much about life but just want to continue playing," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon