Narine banking on IPL experience for CLT20 performance
Port of Spain: His exploits in fifth edition of IPL helped Kolkata Knight Riders clinch the title and West Indies spinner Sunil Narine is hoping the experience of playing in the sub-continent will hold him in good stead when he represents Trinidad and Tobago in the Champions League T20.
In his maiden IPL season in 2012, Narine took 24 wickets to sign off as the second best wicket-taker behind Morne Morkel of South Africa. He continued his good run to scalp 22 wickets this season.
"Having played in India and learning a lot with Kolkata (Knight Riders), I think I can use the Indian conditions to my best ability," Narine was quoted as saying in media reports here.
"Playing in the IPL is a plus I have and having won the T20 (World Cup) crown with the West Indies last year, I think I`m equipped for this challenge."
T&T`s Red Force will play one warm-up game against Perth Scorchers before opening their campaign on Sunday against the Brisbane Heat in Ranchi, which was Kolkata`s second home venue during the IPL last year.
Narine, who had claimed a four-wicket haul against Royal Challengers Bangalore at the JSCA ground in Ranchi, said his experience will help his team.
"I have experience playing at Ranchi and have done well there. I think that I can share my knowledge with my team when it comes to the venue," he said.
"So far we have studied the teams that we are going to meet and the players have knowledge of them. We have the right crop for the title-run," Narine added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you