Our confidence is still high, says Shikhar Dhawan
Mohali: The five-wicket loss to Otago Volts snapped their winning run in the Champions League Twenty20 but Sunrisers Hyderabad skipper Shikhar Dhawan is not too worried and said the confidence of his side is still high ahead of the main tournament starting on Saturday.
Already through to the main draw, Sunrisers today suffered a five wicket defeat to Otago but Dhawan was happy that he could try out a few things today.
"We lost the game but we tried a few things," Shikhar Dhawan said after the match.
"That`s what we were trying to do: try a few things. In the knockout stages, our batsmen have all had hits, so that`s a bonus for us.
"The confidence is still high. This was a match where we wanted to try thing and analyse what went wrong and what went right," he said.
Otago skipper Brendon McCullum said it was a smart move to start with Nathan McCullum after winning the toss and electing to bowl.
"We had a couple of bowlers to rest today so we had to be tactically smarter," says Brendon McCullum.
"So we began with Nathan who bowled well. Very happy with how the boys have performed. We are a bit surprised by the conditions, they suit our style of play."
Man of the Match for his two-wicket burst early in the innings, Nathan McCullum said: "It is nice to contribute today and get the team to a good start. It was a good challenge to bowl first up with just two fielders at the outfield. I enjoyed the challenge.
"It is good that we could give the other guys a game ahead of the main tournament. We are playing good cricket. We need to keep doing well in all the three facets -- bowling, batting and fielding to go far in the tournament," said the New Zealander, who dismissed two in-form batsmen Parthiv Patel and Shikhar Dhawan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- PM Modi can get me killed; 'daman chakra' unleashed against AAP: Kejriwal
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Karnataka CM Siddaramaiah being trolled on Twitter for talking about son's ill health – Know details
- Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli captures his hard work on instagram! WATCH VIDEO
- Paper trays coated with silver capable of extending shelf-life of eggs: Research