Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings: Clash of Titans in CL T20
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: They might have been humiliated by Trinidad and Tobago in the previous encounter, but if there is a team that can end Rajasthan Royals’ winning streak at their home ground at Sawai Mansigh Stadium, it is the Chennai Super Kings.
The Royals have been in sublime form as apart from their skipper, everybody has made significant contributions which has made them a force to reckon with in the tournament. While veterans like Brad Hodge, Shane Watson have upped the ante when needed, talented youngsters like Sanju Samson and Stuart Binny too have impressed with their good show.
On the other hand, the CSK need no mention as to what an incredible side they are when it comes to the business end of any tournament. It is rarely seen that their world class line-up collapses like a pack of cards which happened in their fourth match of the tournament where a Denesh Ramdin-led side convincingly defeated Chennai by eight wickets.
Just three of the CSK batsmen managed to reach double figures and bowlers were severely thrashed by Lendl Simmons who scored 63 runs from just 41 balls. Chennai trump card Ravindra Jadeja had another terrible day at the field where he was smashed for 30 runs in just two overs.
The Royals will have an added advantage as they would play the first semi-final of the tournament on their home ground – Sawai Mansingh Stadium where they haven’t lost a match on the last 12 occasions. They are also unbeaten in the tournament courtesy Brad Hodge, who has rescued them from a critical situation on more than one occasion.
Being a champion side, Dhoni and his boys would want to prove a point by giving their best in the first semi-final which could possibly be the match of the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal