Rohit Sharma confident Tendulkar will find form in semis
New Delhi: Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma is not at all worried about Sachin Tendulkar`s ongoing bad patch in the Champions League Twenty20 and wants the senior batsman to deliver a winning knock in their likely semi-final clash against Chennai Super Kings.
"It`s not a worry for us because we all know how many runs he has scored and how much experience he has with him. He is hitting the ball well and it was an unfortunate dismissal today. It`s not easy when you were chasing 149-run target in 14.2 overs with run-rate of 11 an over," said Sharma at the post-match press conference here today.
"I am not really concerned about his form. I am sure, with the amount of runs he has scored, he can deliver for us any time and I hope he does it in the semi-final against CSK," Sharma added.
Sharma said Mumbai need to carry the winning momentum against CSK in the semi-finals and need to be at their best to put it across two-time IPL champions.
"They are a good team. I won`t call them dangerous side but a good team and we need to be at our best against them. If you look at head-to-head encounters, we have beaten them on more occasions. It`s an important game for us and we need to carry the winning momentum into the semis."
"We played well today to win this game and we have 3-4 days gap before our semi-final. I want everyone to start contributing from now on with an important match ahead," said Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Modi finds 'Little India' with Diwali lights, delicious food in Singapore - In Pics