Security stepped up ahead of India-Aus T20 tie in Rajkot
Rajkot: Adequate security measures have been put in place by Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) and Rajkot rural police ahead of the first T20 match to be played between India and Australia at Khanderi stadium here on October 10.
Over 1,000 policemen including 19 DYSPs and SRPs have been deployed at the stadium and the hotel where the two teams would stay, Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Vishal Kumar Vaghela said.
The security arrangement has been divided into 14 sectors and a DYSP cadre official would monitor the each sector, the SP said.
The police have also issued guideline for viewers and banned electronic equipments like mobile phone, torch, laptop, posters, pamphlet, water bottle, pen and fire crackers inside the stadium, he added.
While SCA too has taken adequate security measures by installing as many as 52 CCTVs to keep an eye on spectators, SCA media manager Himanshu Shah said.
"The match has been given insurance cover of Rs 6.5 crore," he added.
Six Indian players Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Yuvraj Singh arrived here last night, while rest of the Indian team and Australian players would arrive today, Shah added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark