Security stepped up ahead of India-Aus T20 tie in Rajkot
Rajkot: Adequate security measures have been put in place by Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) and Rajkot rural police ahead of the first T20 match to be played between India and Australia at Khanderi stadium here on October 10.
Over 1,000 policemen including 19 DYSPs and SRPs have been deployed at the stadium and the hotel where the two teams would stay, Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Vishal Kumar Vaghela said.
The security arrangement has been divided into 14 sectors and a DYSP cadre official would monitor the each sector, the SP said.
The police have also issued guideline for viewers and banned electronic equipments like mobile phone, torch, laptop, posters, pamphlet, water bottle, pen and fire crackers inside the stadium, he added.
While SCA too has taken adequate security measures by installing as many as 52 CCTVs to keep an eye on spectators, SCA media manager Himanshu Shah said.
"The match has been given insurance cover of Rs 6.5 crore," he added.
Six Indian players Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Yuvraj Singh arrived here last night, while rest of the Indian team and Australian players would arrive today, Shah added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India