Security stepped up ahead of India-Aus T20 tie in Rajkot
Rajkot: Adequate security measures have been put in place by Saurashtra Cricket Association (SCA) and Rajkot rural police ahead of the first T20 match to be played between India and Australia at Khanderi stadium here on October 10.
Over 1,000 policemen including 19 DYSPs and SRPs have been deployed at the stadium and the hotel where the two teams would stay, Rajkot Rural Superintendent of Police Vishal Kumar Vaghela said.
The security arrangement has been divided into 14 sectors and a DYSP cadre official would monitor the each sector, the SP said.
The police have also issued guideline for viewers and banned electronic equipments like mobile phone, torch, laptop, posters, pamphlet, water bottle, pen and fire crackers inside the stadium, he added.
While SCA too has taken adequate security measures by installing as many as 52 CCTVs to keep an eye on spectators, SCA media manager Himanshu Shah said.
"The match has been given insurance cover of Rs 6.5 crore," he added.
Six Indian players Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Yuvraj Singh arrived here last night, while rest of the Indian team and Australian players would arrive today, Shah added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!