Tendulkar and Dravid sign off in coloured clothes
New Delhi: The cricketing world Sunday for the last time saw two stalwarts Sachin Tendulkar and Rahul Dravid pitted against each other in the final of the Champions League Twenty20 between Rajasthan Royals and Mumbai Indians at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Sunday.
For Dravid, who is leading Rajasthan Royals, it is the last international limited overs match while Tendulkar will now only be seen in Tests.
The two former India captains snatched some time to chat for a while before the toss.
Dravid said it would be nice to play against Tendulkar for the final time.
"One final time is nice. It`s funny that we`ve played against each other more in coloured clothing. You must remember that Sachin is seven years senior to me as a cricketer," Dravid noted.
Tendulkar also recalled the Test where he captained Dravid for the first time.
"I think I captained Rahul for the first time in whites, a Wills Trophy match in 1993 or 94. Any day in my team he would be the No.3," he said.
Tendulkar paid rich tributes to Dravid. "He loved challenges, I knew we could bank on Rahul."
Dravid said it has been a roller coaster ride for his team since his three teammates Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila were arrested by Delhi Police on charges of spot-fixing.
"It`s been a roller coaster ride for Royals. I couldn`t have asked for anything more, a great journey," he said.
Asked if his jersey number should be retired, Dravid said: "I`m ok giving away my jersey number. Dinesh Karthik is wearing mine, I think."
Dravid said the Champions League Twenty20 is a great experience for the youngsters.
"Great tournament this is. For the youngsters this is a great experience," he said.
Tendulkar also concurred with Dravid.
"All the players love this tournament. We have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know so many players, as people. It`s about sharing knowledge, that has happened in the last six years," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in