Titans crush Sunrisers by 8 wickets
Ranchi: Titans skipper Henry Davids (64) and Jacques Rudolph (49 not out) put on a century stand to lead their side to a crushing eight-wicket win over Sunrisers Hyderabad in their Champions League Twenty20 Group B match here on Saturday.
The South African side, Titans romped over Sunrisers` total of 145 in just 16.3 overs with two wickets down to give a major boost to their run rate.
The pair took the Sunrisers bowlers to task with a scintillating batting display and transformed the run chase into a cakewalk adding 112 in 12.1 overs at the JSCA International Stadium.
Davids continued his good form and reached his second half century of the tournament as he smashed seven boundaries and clobbered four sixes in his 42-ball 64 knock.
Rudolph missed a deserved half century as he remained unbeaten on 49 with three fours and two sixes, while Heino Kuhn (15 off 8) too was unconquered, steering the side home.
Davids` dismissal off Dale Steyn came too late for the Sunrisers as the openers had put the Titans in a winning position.
A B de Villiers (9) came out all gun blazing and hit two fours before he was dismissed by Ishant Sharma while looking for another big shot.
For Sunrisers, none of the bowlers barring pacer Steyn could make an impact.
Steyn`s impressive figures of 1 for 23 in four overs was the only highlight of the Sunrisers bowling which looked ordinary.
The Titans are at second position now after Chennai Super Kings with one more match to go.
Earlier, Titans` pacer David Wiese starred with the ball as Sunrisers Hyderabad blowed away a good start to be restricted to 145 for seven in a crucial tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued