Titans crush Sunrisers by 8 wickets
Ranchi: Titans skipper Henry Davids (64) and Jacques Rudolph (49 not out) put on a century stand to lead their side to a crushing eight-wicket win over Sunrisers Hyderabad in their Champions League Twenty20 Group B match here on Saturday.
The South African side, Titans romped over Sunrisers` total of 145 in just 16.3 overs with two wickets down to give a major boost to their run rate.
The pair took the Sunrisers bowlers to task with a scintillating batting display and transformed the run chase into a cakewalk adding 112 in 12.1 overs at the JSCA International Stadium.
Davids continued his good form and reached his second half century of the tournament as he smashed seven boundaries and clobbered four sixes in his 42-ball 64 knock.
Rudolph missed a deserved half century as he remained unbeaten on 49 with three fours and two sixes, while Heino Kuhn (15 off 8) too was unconquered, steering the side home.
Davids` dismissal off Dale Steyn came too late for the Sunrisers as the openers had put the Titans in a winning position.
A B de Villiers (9) came out all gun blazing and hit two fours before he was dismissed by Ishant Sharma while looking for another big shot.
For Sunrisers, none of the bowlers barring pacer Steyn could make an impact.
Steyn`s impressive figures of 1 for 23 in four overs was the only highlight of the Sunrisers bowling which looked ordinary.
The Titans are at second position now after Chennai Super Kings with one more match to go.
Earlier, Titans` pacer David Wiese starred with the ball as Sunrisers Hyderabad blowed away a good start to be restricted to 145 for seven in a crucial tie.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India