‘Want to see Sachin Tendulkar play forever’
New Delhi: Just like any other young cricketer, Australian speedster Nathan Coulter-Nile is in awe of Sachin Tendulkar and does not want the senior India batsman to retire from the game.
Plying his trade for the Mumbai Indians franchise, for Coulter-Nile, Tendulkar is one player who is more than willing to give an insight about the game to the younger lot.
"Sachin is someone who believes in backing one`s own ability. He has got all the talent in the world and whenever I speak to him he always gives insights as to where I should bowl and what the batsmen would be trying to look at while bowling to them," said Coulter-Nile.
"He gives an insight into what the batsmen would be thinking about when I am running up to bowl at them, which is something I really appreciate. I would want to see him play forever, but unfortunately all good things have to come to an end and hopefully we can get the Champions League trophy for him and give him a perfect send-off," he told the official CLT20 website.
Coulter-Nile, who picked up three wickets in his side`s six-wicket win over Perth Scorchers in the Champions League match here last night, which helped them cruise into the semi-finals of the tournament, said he was scared of bowling to Tendulkar in the nets.
"I am scared to bowl to Sachin in the nets because he absolutely whacks them. It is not something that I would have imagined doing in my life. It has been fantastic and I never really felt I would be here," he said.
The 25-year-old said it`s the best learning curve for him ahead of the ODI series against India.
"Absolutely. It is good to get used to the conditions here and bowl to the few guys who are in the Indian side who will be playing the ODI series. I am looking to use this experience and bowl well," he said.
He said it was an unbelievable win for them against Scorchers and was feeling relieved after qualifying for the semis.
"It is a good feeling to have a win and qualify for the semi-finals. To be honest with you, I was not too sure about that run-chase. It was a tough run-chase and the boys did it quite easily. When you lose a man like Tendulkar early in the innings, you do get a bit tense. But then such is the power of our batting that if one guy is out, you always have someone who can keep it going."
Coulter-Nile singled out skipper Rohit Sharma for playing an outstanding innings under pressure.
"Rohit is probably one of the best players in the world. I am not looking forward to bowling to him in the next one-day international series, but if he keeps his form up for the next two matches, I would be happy."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced