We gave away too many extras: Henry Davids
Ranchi: Titans Captain Henry Davids has blamed his team`s four-wicket loss to Chennai Super Kings in the Champions League Twenty20 opener on the extras that his bowlers conceded during the game here.
"(We gave away) so many extras, something we have to work out (on it)," Davids said.
"We put in a very good score. So we have to go, reflect and what we need to do and come back strong," he added.
Davids said dew was also a factor as the wet ball made it difficult for the bowlers, particularly the spinners.
"Our bowlers have been bowling really well, and there were a couple of nicks through the slips," he said.
The Titans gave away 24 runs in wides yesterday and batsman A B de Villiers, who top-scored for his team with a 77-run knock, shared his captain`s sentiments.
"The guys tried to bowl with a very attacking mindset ? a straight line, trying to get them out ? but the wet ball made it very difficult," he said.
"The field was quite wet and so the ball got wet very early on, which meant it skidded on and made it easier for the batsmen. Our bowlers tried everything they could ? all the variations ? but nothing worked," he added.
De Villiers, however, felt that his side fought well in the match.
"The great thing was that we really fought right till the end with the ball and in the field. That was the sign of a winning team. So, I`m pretty sure that we will bounce back from this loss," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note