Champions Trophy: Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh not in probables list
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Virender Sehwag has been left out from the list of probable players for the ICC Champions Trophy to be played in England in June.
The dashing Indian opener had been dropped mid way in the Test series against Australia for his poor run with the bat.
Chances of Sehwag making a comeback into the Indian national team looked bleak with Shikhar Dhawan’s success in the Test series against Australia.
Veteran spinner Harbhajan Singh and fast bowler Zaheer Khan were also omitted from the 30-member probables list for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Another surprise omission was that of Cheteshwar Pujara, who has been in good form in the longer format of the game. With the tournament being played in England Pujara was expected to make the cut due to his strong technique.
The Sandip Patil led committee has decided to include Under-19 World Cup winning captain Unmukt Chand and Kashmir all-rounder Parvez Rassol.
Probables List: Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Unmukt Chand, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Wriddhiman Saha, Dinesh Karthik, Ravichandran Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Ravindra Jadeja, Jalaj Saxena, Parveez Rasool, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashok, Dinda, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Irfan Pathan, R Vinay Kumar, Preveen Kumar, Ishwar Pandey, Sidharth Kaul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir