Champions Trophy: Virender Sehwag, Harbhajan Singh not in probables list
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Virender Sehwag has been left out from the list of probable players for the ICC Champions Trophy to be played in England in June.
The dashing Indian opener had been dropped mid way in the Test series against Australia for his poor run with the bat.
Chances of Sehwag making a comeback into the Indian national team looked bleak with Shikhar Dhawan’s success in the Test series against Australia.
Veteran spinner Harbhajan Singh and fast bowler Zaheer Khan were also omitted from the 30-member probables list for the ICC Champions Trophy.
Another surprise omission was that of Cheteshwar Pujara, who has been in good form in the longer format of the game. With the tournament being played in England Pujara was expected to make the cut due to his strong technique.
The Sandip Patil led committee has decided to include Under-19 World Cup winning captain Unmukt Chand and Kashmir all-rounder Parvez Rassol.
Probables List: Murali Vijay, Shikhar Dhawan, Gautam Gambhir, Unmukt Chand, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary, Ajinkya Rahane, Ambati Rayudu, Kedar Jadhav, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Wriddhiman Saha, Dinesh Karthik, Ravichandran Ashwin, Amit Mishra, Ravindra Jadeja, Jalaj Saxena, Parveez Rasool, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashok, Dinda, Umesh Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Irfan Pathan, R Vinay Kumar, Preveen Kumar, Ishwar Pandey, Sidharth Kaul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH