Chanderpaul anxious to score
Kingston: Veteran batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul says he is anxious to improve his game when the West Indies face New Zealand in the second and final cricket Test at Sabina Park Jamaica Thursday.
Chanderpaul, a usually reliable middle order batsman, was caught behind for a duck in the West Indies mammoth second innings total of 522 in the first Test in Antigua.
The 37-year-old Guyanese, who has slipped two places in the ICC Test rankings to number four, says he wants to be among the runs in Jamaica.
"It seems to be a habit. Lots of times when runs scoring, I am not into it," said Chanderpaul who now trails South Africa`s Hashim Amla by just six ratings points in the ICC Test rankings.
"But I am hoping I can change that and hopefully get some runs in this match and hopefully everybody else performs also."
The West Indies will be hoping for a rare series win needing only to avoid defeat to take the two-match series following their victory in Antigua Sunday.
Chanderpaul said the team has renewed confidence ahead of the second Test.
"It is a new game. I know we have some confidence coming from the last game but still we have to assess again. We have to go out and play well and once we do that we can come out on top again," he told reporters at a news conference in Kingston Tuesday.
"We have been playing some top teams around the world and we have been taking Test matches into the last day and it is something we have not done a lot of in the past and now we have been doing more of it and one day we would be able to turn the corners," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali