Chanderpaul falls short of century in New Zealand
Lincoln (New Zealand): West Indies XI`s Shivnarine Chanderpaul missed out on a century by 11 runs on the second day of the three-day match against New Zealand XI here.
The diminutive 39-year-old scored an impressive 89 as West Indies XI declared at 230/6 Thursday, three runs ahead of the Kiwis` first innings score of 227/8 at Bert Sutcliffe Oval.
Chanderpaul struck early form to reach his 89 in just 106 balls, hitting eight fours and a six.
Batsmen Kirk Edwards (3) and Chadwick Walton (6) didn`t enjoy the same success and were dismissed cheaply while Aaron Redmond scored 67 for the West Indies XI.
In reply, the hosts` opening pair of Hamish Rutherford and Peter Fulton got off to a brilliant start in the second innings to take their side to 104 without loss. Rutherford was the aggressor, scoring an unbeaten 61 from 52 balls while Fulton put on an unbeaten 32 from 65 balls.
A draw looms as the hosts take a 100 run lead into Friday`s third and final day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested