Chanderpaul leads Derbyshire to thrilling win
Derby (England): West Indies middle-order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul hit a superb unbeaten half century to lead Derbyshire to a thrilling seven-wicket win over Lancashire in the Friends Life T20 tournament.
Chanderpaul scored 87 off 70 balls Tuesday and shared in two half-century partnerships as Derbyshire enjoyed their best ever start to a Twenty20 campaign.
He shared in a fourth-wicket stand of 58 off 33 balls with Albie Morkel and took Derbyshire past Lancashire`s total of 151 with three balls to spare to put the Falcons top of the North Group with three wins.
Chanderpaul, who equalled his highest T20 score, and Wes Durston, helped revive the Derbyshire innings after a slump by putting on 50 from 35 balls before Durston was bowled for 20 of 12 balls.
Derbyshire were four runs ahead of the rate at 90 for two when the umpires took the players off in the 13th over because of rain.
However, when the players returned ten minutes later, Wayne Madsen was removed for 23. With 52 needed off 30 balls, Lancashire were back in it but Chanderpaul swept and pulled Stephen Parry for two fours and a six in the 16th over and finished in style by driving fast bowler Kabir Ali for two fours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter