Chanderpaul leads Derbyshire to thrilling win
Derby (England): West Indies middle-order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul hit a superb unbeaten half century to lead Derbyshire to a thrilling seven-wicket win over Lancashire in the Friends Life T20 tournament.
Chanderpaul scored 87 off 70 balls Tuesday and shared in two half-century partnerships as Derbyshire enjoyed their best ever start to a Twenty20 campaign.
He shared in a fourth-wicket stand of 58 off 33 balls with Albie Morkel and took Derbyshire past Lancashire`s total of 151 with three balls to spare to put the Falcons top of the North Group with three wins.
Chanderpaul, who equalled his highest T20 score, and Wes Durston, helped revive the Derbyshire innings after a slump by putting on 50 from 35 balls before Durston was bowled for 20 of 12 balls.
Derbyshire were four runs ahead of the rate at 90 for two when the umpires took the players off in the 13th over because of rain.
However, when the players returned ten minutes later, Wayne Madsen was removed for 23. With 52 needed off 30 balls, Lancashire were back in it but Chanderpaul swept and pulled Stephen Parry for two fours and a six in the 16th over and finished in style by driving fast bowler Kabir Ali for two fours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday