Chanderpaul`s son takes centre stage
Scarborough (Tobago): Tagenarine Chanderpaul, son of the West Indies Test star Shivnarine Chanderpaul, struck a half-century to lead Guyana to victory over Barbados in the second round of the Caribbean Under-17 Championship here.
The left-hander stroked 56, more than half of Guyana`s total as they reached 93 for eight after the match was reduced to 30 overs because of rain at Louis D`or, and Barbados could muster only 85 for eight, reports Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
At Bon Accord, son of former Test opener Stuart Williams, Saeed Williams, also hit a half-century in a losing cause for Leeward Islands against Jamaica.
Williams got 54 to help the Leewards to 124 for five off 20 overs, after they were sent in.
Jamaica then cruised to their target off just 14.2 overs and for the loss of two wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Facebook India makes removal of offensive content a hard task
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe