Chanderpaul`s son takes centre stage
Scarborough (Tobago): Tagenarine Chanderpaul, son of the West Indies Test star Shivnarine Chanderpaul, struck a half-century to lead Guyana to victory over Barbados in the second round of the Caribbean Under-17 Championship here.
The left-hander stroked 56, more than half of Guyana`s total as they reached 93 for eight after the match was reduced to 30 overs because of rain at Louis D`or, and Barbados could muster only 85 for eight, reports Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
At Bon Accord, son of former Test opener Stuart Williams, Saeed Williams, also hit a half-century in a losing cause for Leeward Islands against Jamaica.
Williams got 54 to help the Leewards to 124 for five off 20 overs, after they were sent in.
Jamaica then cruised to their target off just 14.2 overs and for the loss of two wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble