Chanderpaul`s son takes centre stage
Scarborough (Tobago): Tagenarine Chanderpaul, son of the West Indies Test star Shivnarine Chanderpaul, struck a half-century to lead Guyana to victory over Barbados in the second round of the Caribbean Under-17 Championship here.
The left-hander stroked 56, more than half of Guyana`s total as they reached 93 for eight after the match was reduced to 30 overs because of rain at Louis D`or, and Barbados could muster only 85 for eight, reports Caribbean Media Corporation (CMC).
At Bon Accord, son of former Test opener Stuart Williams, Saeed Williams, also hit a half-century in a losing cause for Leeward Islands against Jamaica.
Williams got 54 to help the Leewards to 124 for five off 20 overs, after they were sent in.
Jamaica then cruised to their target off just 14.2 overs and for the loss of two wickets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days