Chandila, Trivedi appear before Mudgal Committee
New Delhi: Rajasthan Royals players, Ajit Chandila and Siddharth Trivedi, accused in the IPL VI spot-fixing and betting scandal, thursday appeared before the Justice Mudgal Probe Committee.
Former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi`s counsel Mehmood Abdi also appeared before the Committee, which was set up to inquire into the scandal.
"The Committee on 5th December 2013 interacted with Mr Mehmood Abdi, constituted Attorney for Mr Lalit Modi, assisted by Mr Abhishek Singh, Advocate and Mr Sandeep Singh Hora, Advocate. The Committee also interacted with players Ajit Chandila and Siddharth Trivedi," BCCI Treasurer Anirudh Chaudhry said in a release issued on the directions of the Committee.
"The Committee on 4th December 2013 interacted with Ms Sharda Ugra, Senior Editor ? ESPNcricinfo, officials of Delhi Police, Mr Pradeep Magazine, Senior Journalist, Hindustan Times and M Aniruddh Bahl, journalist," the release said.
The Committee will next meet in Mumbai on December 6, 7 and 8 and would interact with Mumbai Police, officials of ICC-ACSU, RTI activist Naresh Makwani and some others.
Former India pacer S Sreesanth, Chandila and Ankeet Chavan, besides 26 others, were arrested in May following investigations by the Police into the scandal.
The Justice Mudgal Committee has already met Chandila`s tainted teammates -- Sreesanth and Chavan -- who were handed life bans by the BCCI.
Trivedi has also been banned for one year by the BCCI. But the Board has not yet completed disciplinary proceedings against Chandila. His case is still pending with the BCCI and although he has been provisionally suspended, there is no ban yet on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement