Chandimal, Hafeez fined for showing dissent
Dubai: The International Cricket Council has fined Dinesh Chandimal of Sri Lanka 10 per cent of his match fee and reprimanded Pakistan`s Mohammad Hafeez for showing dissent at an umpire`s decision during their teams` Twenty20 international.
In separate incidents during the match Friday in Abu Dhabi, the players disputed lbw decisions.
The players admitted the offenses and accepted the proposed sanctions. As a result, formal hearings will not be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him