Chandimal, Hafeez fined for showing dissent
Dubai: The International Cricket Council has fined Dinesh Chandimal of Sri Lanka 10 per cent of his match fee and reprimanded Pakistan`s Mohammad Hafeez for showing dissent at an umpire`s decision during their teams` Twenty20 international.
In separate incidents during the match Friday in Abu Dhabi, the players disputed lbw decisions.
The players admitted the offenses and accepted the proposed sanctions. As a result, formal hearings will not be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price