Chandimal, Hafeez fined for showing dissent
Dubai: The International Cricket Council has fined Dinesh Chandimal of Sri Lanka 10 per cent of his match fee and reprimanded Pakistan`s Mohammad Hafeez for showing dissent at an umpire`s decision during their teams` Twenty20 international.
In separate incidents during the match Friday in Abu Dhabi, the players disputed lbw decisions.
The players admitted the offenses and accepted the proposed sanctions. As a result, formal hearings will not be held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India to buy 500 helicopters, 12 submarines, over 200 fighter jets in next 10 years: Report
- Pakistan denies Dawood's presence in Karachi, says 'UN report motivated by India's aim to malign us'
- 'Chikungunya cases highest this year since 2006'
- Umbilical cells linked to increase risk of obesity: Study
- New movement discovered in blink of an eye