Chappell expects Tait to fire on all cylinders during World Cup
Sydney: Australia’s full-time selector Greg Chappell is confident that fast bowler Shaun Tait will prove his worth during the upcoming World Cup despite breaking down mid-series against England.
Tait, on the comeback trail from a three-month lay-off following elbow surgery last October, injured a gluteus muscle in Australia’s win over England in Hobart ODI.
He later missed the fourth ODI in Adelaide, and is not expected to take further part in the seven-match series.
“The World Cup final is April 2, so we still have quite a few weeks. We were keen to take the gamble that he would be right for the major part of the World Cup,” a sports channel quoted Chappell, as saying.
“We picked Tait to be a strike bowler - we know what he is capable of,” he added.
The 27-year-old had taken 23 wickets in the 2007 World Cup to be the equal-second best in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert