Chappell expects Tait to fire on all cylinders during World Cup
Sydney: Australia’s full-time selector Greg Chappell is confident that fast bowler Shaun Tait will prove his worth during the upcoming World Cup despite breaking down mid-series against England.
Tait, on the comeback trail from a three-month lay-off following elbow surgery last October, injured a gluteus muscle in Australia’s win over England in Hobart ODI.
He later missed the fourth ODI in Adelaide, and is not expected to take further part in the seven-match series.
“The World Cup final is April 2, so we still have quite a few weeks. We were keen to take the gamble that he would be right for the major part of the World Cup,” a sports channel quoted Chappell, as saying.
“We picked Tait to be a strike bowler - we know what he is capable of,” he added.
The 27-year-old had taken 23 wickets in the 2007 World Cup to be the equal-second best in the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?