Chawla takes 4 wickets, scores 32 in Somerset win over Surrey
Taunton: Uttar Pradesh all-rounder Piyush Chawla continued his decent showing in the upper division of English County Championship as his side Somerset beat Surrey by seven wickets to log home five points.
Chawla`s performance in the match is four wickets (two in each innings) and a useful knock of 32 coming in at No 10 which helped Somerset take an invaluable first innings lead of 65 runs which turned out to be important in the context of the match.
Having joined the county side late, Chawla has played four first-class matches so far scoring 231 runs in six innings at an average of 38.5 which includes a century against Middlesex at the Lord`s. The leggie has also taken 17 wickets including a match-haul of 10-for against Derbyshire.
Even though Somerset have won the match, they haven`t been able to get out of the relegation zone as they are second from the bottom of the nine-team table with 120 points from 15 games with only Surrey on 103 points in last position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders