Chawla takes 4 wickets, scores 32 in Somerset win over Surrey
Taunton: Uttar Pradesh all-rounder Piyush Chawla continued his decent showing in the upper division of English County Championship as his side Somerset beat Surrey by seven wickets to log home five points.
Chawla`s performance in the match is four wickets (two in each innings) and a useful knock of 32 coming in at No 10 which helped Somerset take an invaluable first innings lead of 65 runs which turned out to be important in the context of the match.
Having joined the county side late, Chawla has played four first-class matches so far scoring 231 runs in six innings at an average of 38.5 which includes a century against Middlesex at the Lord`s. The leggie has also taken 17 wickets including a match-haul of 10-for against Derbyshire.
Even though Somerset have won the match, they haven`t been able to get out of the relegation zone as they are second from the bottom of the nine-team table with 120 points from 15 games with only Surrey on 103 points in last position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city