Chawla takes 4 wickets, scores 32 in Somerset win over Surrey
Taunton: Uttar Pradesh all-rounder Piyush Chawla continued his decent showing in the upper division of English County Championship as his side Somerset beat Surrey by seven wickets to log home five points.
Chawla`s performance in the match is four wickets (two in each innings) and a useful knock of 32 coming in at No 10 which helped Somerset take an invaluable first innings lead of 65 runs which turned out to be important in the context of the match.
Having joined the county side late, Chawla has played four first-class matches so far scoring 231 runs in six innings at an average of 38.5 which includes a century against Middlesex at the Lord`s. The leggie has also taken 17 wickets including a match-haul of 10-for against Derbyshire.
Even though Somerset have won the match, they haven`t been able to get out of the relegation zone as they are second from the bottom of the nine-team table with 120 points from 15 games with only Surrey on 103 points in last position.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured