Chennai Super Kings may face termination: Reports
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is reportedly looking into its rulebook to decide whether IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings (CSK) should be terminated if its owner Gurunath Meiyappan gets arrested.
According to a news channel, the rulebook states that if the actions of any franchise fall out of the set criteria, then there is a possibility of terminating the contract of the team concerned. If the owner of the franchise has an effect that is negative to the IPL’s reputations then it can be terminated.
Earlier, Mumbai Police on Friday indicated it would not extend the deadline for Chennai Super Kings CEO Gurunath Meiyappan to appear before it for questioning in the IPL betting scandal, saying "he has been asked to present himself by 5 pm today".
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3