Chennai Super Kings sign five uncapped bowlers
Chennai: Two-time champions Chennai Super Kings have strengthened their bowling attack by signing five uncapped Indian bowlers ahead of the sixth edition of IPL.
UP fast bowlers Imtiaz Ahmed and Ankit Rajpoot, Haryana quick Mohit Sharma, Karnataka pacer Ronit More and Tamil Nadu left-arm spinner R Karthikeyan are the five to have been picked up by CSK, according to `ESPNcricinfo`.
In the Ranji Trophy this season, Imtiaz was the leading wicket-taker from Uttar Pradesh with 37 from nine matches at an average of 25.45, including three five-wicket hauls.
He was with the Pune Warriors in IPL 2011 but did not get a game.
In his first-class debut season this time, Rajpoot took 31 wickets from seven matches at an average of 18.80.
Mohit played eight Ranji matches this season, taking 37 wickets, averaging 23.24 runs per wicket.
More made his first-class debut this season playing two matches. Karthikeyan plays for TI Cycles in the first division league of the Tamil Nadu Cricket Association.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical