Chennai Super Kings to miss Flintoff in Champions League T20
London: England star Andrew Flintoff is unlikely to be available for Chennai Super Kings` campaign in next month`s Champions League Twenty20 as his county side Lancashire said he will not play any competitive cricket due to his troubled knee.
Flintoff, who had two knee operations on his troubled knee in the past 12 months, was due to make his comeback this week after spending a year on the sidelines.
However, the bulky all-rounder pulled out of the three-day match starting today for Lancashire`s second team against Yorkshire in Crosby, Liverpool.
"Following consultation with Andrew Flintoff, Andy Williams (Flintoff`s surgeon) and our own medical team, Lancashire County Cricket Club have today confirmed Flintoff will not be returning to competitive cricket for the remainder of the 2010 season," Lancashire said in a statement.
"Whist Andrew has made significant progress, the combined opinion is that he is not quite ready for a return to cricket. He will continue his rehabilitation into the winter months and we will constantly monitor and review his progress so that he is better equipped for a return to action," Lancashire Cricket Director Mike Watkinson said.
32-year-old Flintoff, who has retired from Test cricket, has not played since a major operation on his right knee in August last year and he underwent further surgery in January.
The latest setback also raises doubts over whether Flintoff will be available for England`s one-day squad for the winter tour of Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 50 seats, BJP in 32; big prestige battle for both parties
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai and Thane, BJP gains lead in Pune, Nagpur, Solapur; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar