Chennai Super Kings won’t be suspended from IPL: Reports
New Delhi: The growing scale of the IPL spot-fixing scam notwithstanding, Sunday's final of the event would go ahead as per schedule and the embattled Chennai Super Kings would also continue to be a part of the league despite the arrest of its top official on allegations of betting.
The final, between Chennai Super Kings and the Mumbai Indians, will go ahead at the Eden Gardens, a top BCCI revealed.
CSK seem to be a team in turmoil after Gurunath Meiyappa, son-in-law of BCCI President N Srinivasan and the CEO of the side, was arrested by the Mumbai Police on Friday.
Asked whether CSK would face termination as per clause 12.3 (c) of the IPL contracts for team, the source said, "so far the allegations have not been proved in the court of law. A person has to be found guilty, right now the Mumbai Police are interrogating him (Gurunath)."
The clause provides for termination if a franchisee, any franchisee group company and/or any owner acts in any way which adversely affects the reputation or standing of the league, the BCCI-IPL or the game of cricket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened