Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravichandran Ashwin static in ICC Test rankings
Dubai: Cheteshwar Pujara and Ravichandran Ashwin were the only two Indian cricketers to figure in the ICC`s latest Test rankings in batting and bowling respectively.
While Pujara retained the number seven position with 777 ranking points in the batting chart, Ashwin was static at number six in the bowling list with 757 points to his kitty.
The batting was headed by South Africa`s Hashim Amla, followed by Shivnarine Chanderpaul and A B de Villiers of South Africa.
South African pace spearhead Dale Steyn led the bowling list with 905 points. Steyn was followed by countryman Vernon Philander and Sri Lanka`s Rangana Herath.
The biggest mover in the batting table was captain Zimbabwe Brendan Taylor, whose 171 and 102 not out against Bangladesh has earned him a career-best ranking of 29th. He achieved this after jumping 41 places and was the highest-ranked batsman from either side.
Graeme Cremer, who contributed 42 and 43, and also featured in a 106-run seventh wicket partnership with Taylor in the first innings, also broke into the top 100 for the first time in 100th position, after rising 25 places.
There was no change in the ICC Player Rankings for Test all-rounders, but the gap between number-one ranked Jacques Kallis of South Africa and number-two ranked Shakib increased to 35 ratings points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared