Cheteshwar Pujara ties nuptial knot
Rajkot: Indian middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara on Wednesday tied the nuptial knot with fiancee Puja Pabari, at a family function here.
The three-day wedding functions started last night with the `Sangeet Sandhya`. The marriage rituals would take place this evening followed by a reception tomorrow.
Puja belongs to Gujarat`s Jamnagar district and is a management graduate.
"Entire Indian team and the BCCI officials are invited," said Arvind Pujara, Cheteshwar`s father.
However, his teammates are not likely to attend, as they would be busy preparing for the series against Australia.
Pujara did not play in the Irani Trophy match against Mumbai and also missed the Board President XI tie against Australia on account of his marriage.
He won`t have much time to spend with the wife as he would be joining the Indian team by February 15.
Pujara has played nine Tests for India so far, scoring 761 runs with three hundreds at a healthy average of over 58.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal