Cheteshwar Pujara ties nuptial knot
Rajkot: Indian middle-order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara on Wednesday tied the nuptial knot with fiancee Puja Pabari, at a family function here.
The three-day wedding functions started last night with the `Sangeet Sandhya`. The marriage rituals would take place this evening followed by a reception tomorrow.
Puja belongs to Gujarat`s Jamnagar district and is a management graduate.
"Entire Indian team and the BCCI officials are invited," said Arvind Pujara, Cheteshwar`s father.
However, his teammates are not likely to attend, as they would be busy preparing for the series against Australia.
Pujara did not play in the Irani Trophy match against Mumbai and also missed the Board President XI tie against Australia on account of his marriage.
He won`t have much time to spend with the wife as he would be joining the Indian team by February 15.
Pujara has played nine Tests for India so far, scoring 761 runs with three hundreds at a healthy average of over 58.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed