Chris Jordan replaces Steven Finn in England T20 squad
Sydney: Sussex seamer Chris Jordan was called into England`s Twenty20 squad to play Australia today following the early exit of Steven Finn.
Jordan is already in Australia with the one-day international squad where he has shown signs of promise despite England going 2-0 down in the five-match series.
Middlesex quick Finn was the only member of England`s originally selected Ashes squad who didn`t play an international match on a tour where his side were routed 5-0 by Australia in the Test series.
He returned home early in a bid to iron out problems with his bowling action which England limited overs coach Ashley Giles said had made him "not selectable".
Jordan`s call-up for Twenty20 duty was confirmed by an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement which said: "Sussex pace bowler Chris Jordan has been called into England`s Twenty20 squad for the three-match series against Australia beginning in Hobart on January 29."
Finn`s problems mean he is unlikely to make it into England`s squad for the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh in March, even though he was named this week in the provisional 30-man party.
Jordan, yet to play a Twenty20 international, was also selected in that provisional squad but will now have a chance to show what he can do in cricket`s shortest format.
The 25-year-old Barbados-born paceman had been due to join the England Lions squad in Sri Lanka but his place in the national A side`s tour party has been taken by Yorkshire`s Liam Plunkett.
England`s one-day series against Australia continues in Sydney on Sydney.
After the ODIs, Australia and England play three Twenty20 internationals, with matches in Hobart (January 29), Melbourne (January 31) and Sydney`s Olympic Stadium (February 2).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India