Chris Jordan replaces Steven Finn in England T20 squad
Sydney: Sussex seamer Chris Jordan was called into England`s Twenty20 squad to play Australia today following the early exit of Steven Finn.
Jordan is already in Australia with the one-day international squad where he has shown signs of promise despite England going 2-0 down in the five-match series.
Middlesex quick Finn was the only member of England`s originally selected Ashes squad who didn`t play an international match on a tour where his side were routed 5-0 by Australia in the Test series.
He returned home early in a bid to iron out problems with his bowling action which England limited overs coach Ashley Giles said had made him "not selectable".
Jordan`s call-up for Twenty20 duty was confirmed by an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement which said: "Sussex pace bowler Chris Jordan has been called into England`s Twenty20 squad for the three-match series against Australia beginning in Hobart on January 29."
Finn`s problems mean he is unlikely to make it into England`s squad for the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh in March, even though he was named this week in the provisional 30-man party.
Jordan, yet to play a Twenty20 international, was also selected in that provisional squad but will now have a chance to show what he can do in cricket`s shortest format.
The 25-year-old Barbados-born paceman had been due to join the England Lions squad in Sri Lanka but his place in the national A side`s tour party has been taken by Yorkshire`s Liam Plunkett.
England`s one-day series against Australia continues in Sydney on Sydney.
After the ODIs, Australia and England play three Twenty20 internationals, with matches in Hobart (January 29), Melbourne (January 31) and Sydney`s Olympic Stadium (February 2).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill