Chris Jordan replaces Steven Finn in England T20 squad
Sydney: Sussex seamer Chris Jordan was called into England`s Twenty20 squad to play Australia today following the early exit of Steven Finn.
Jordan is already in Australia with the one-day international squad where he has shown signs of promise despite England going 2-0 down in the five-match series.
Middlesex quick Finn was the only member of England`s originally selected Ashes squad who didn`t play an international match on a tour where his side were routed 5-0 by Australia in the Test series.
He returned home early in a bid to iron out problems with his bowling action which England limited overs coach Ashley Giles said had made him "not selectable".
Jordan`s call-up for Twenty20 duty was confirmed by an England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) statement which said: "Sussex pace bowler Chris Jordan has been called into England`s Twenty20 squad for the three-match series against Australia beginning in Hobart on January 29."
Finn`s problems mean he is unlikely to make it into England`s squad for the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh in March, even though he was named this week in the provisional 30-man party.
Jordan, yet to play a Twenty20 international, was also selected in that provisional squad but will now have a chance to show what he can do in cricket`s shortest format.
The 25-year-old Barbados-born paceman had been due to join the England Lions squad in Sri Lanka but his place in the national A side`s tour party has been taken by Yorkshire`s Liam Plunkett.
England`s one-day series against Australia continues in Sydney on Sydney.
After the ODIs, Australia and England play three Twenty20 internationals, with matches in Hobart (January 29), Melbourne (January 31) and Sydney`s Olympic Stadium (February 2).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves