Chris Rogers to open with Shane Watson in first Ashes Test
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Ending all the speculations, newly appointed Australian coach Darren Lehmann on Monday confirmed that left-handed batsman Chris Rogers will open the innings with Shane Watson in the first Ashes Test against England.
The official handle of Cricket Australia confirmed the news on Twitter.
“Darren Lehmann confirms Shane Watson and Chris Rogers will open the batting for Australia in the first #Ashes Test at Trent Bridge,” it said.
Earlier this month, David Warner was fined AUD 11,500 (USD 11,000) and suspended until the start of the Ashes in Nottingham on July 10 by Cricket Australia.
The sanctions were for punching cricketer Joe Root in a Birmingham bar following Australia`s Champions Trophy loss to England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal