Chris Rogers to open with Shane Watson in first Ashes Test
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Ending all the speculations, newly appointed Australian coach Darren Lehmann on Monday confirmed that left-handed batsman Chris Rogers will open the innings with Shane Watson in the first Ashes Test against England.
The official handle of Cricket Australia confirmed the news on Twitter.
“Darren Lehmann confirms Shane Watson and Chris Rogers will open the batting for Australia in the first #Ashes Test at Trent Bridge,” it said.
Earlier this month, David Warner was fined AUD 11,500 (USD 11,000) and suspended until the start of the Ashes in Nottingham on July 10 by Cricket Australia.
The sanctions were for punching cricketer Joe Root in a Birmingham bar following Australia`s Champions Trophy loss to England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says