Clarke and AB de Villiers facing `similar plight` as leaders of `non-performing` teams
Johannesburg: The South African media has drawn parallels between the plights of AB de Villiers and Michael Clarke, whom they have touted as two of the most premier, exhilarating international batsmen on the planet.
Both men are leading an embattled national cause and fighting in different formats of the game, with Clarke`s men being 2-0 down in the five-Test Ashes series, while De Villiers` side are facing similar problems in Sri Lanka in a five-game ODI series.
A report said that also in common for right-handed stroke-players Clarke and De Villiers is the heavy, dangerous current dependency on each man to deliver the goods personally right now, despite the additional burden of captaincy in ailing causes.
In each instance, a lot of people have no doubt inclined to suspect that humiliating, 5-0 clean sweeps cannot completely be ruled out, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre