Clarke asks teammates to lift their game as Oz No.1 ranking under threat
Sydney: Australia skipper Michael Clarke has called on his under-performing teammates to lift their game as their world No.1 one-day ranking is under threat after being beaten by England at The Oval.
England’s six-wicket win handed them a 2-0 lead in the five-match series and a clean sweep will make the hosts the top-ranked nation in all forms of cricket.
The series now moves to Birmingham before matches in Chester-le-Street and Manchester, a newspaper reports.
Clarke said his side had been badly beaten. “I think the scoreboard at Lord``s (on Friday) probably hid how far away the teams were,” he said.
“I think England outplayed us at Lord``s, it only said 15 runs but I think they outplayed us at Lord``s and they certainly outplayed us here. We have got areas not only with the bat we need to improve but with the ball as well,” Clarke said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor