Clarke asks teammates to lift their game as Oz No.1 ranking under threat
Sydney: Australia skipper Michael Clarke has called on his under-performing teammates to lift their game as their world No.1 one-day ranking is under threat after being beaten by England at The Oval.
England’s six-wicket win handed them a 2-0 lead in the five-match series and a clean sweep will make the hosts the top-ranked nation in all forms of cricket.
The series now moves to Birmingham before matches in Chester-le-Street and Manchester, a newspaper reports.
Clarke said his side had been badly beaten. “I think the scoreboard at Lord``s (on Friday) probably hid how far away the teams were,” he said.
“I think England outplayed us at Lord``s, it only said 15 runs but I think they outplayed us at Lord``s and they certainly outplayed us here. We have got areas not only with the bat we need to improve but with the ball as well,” Clarke said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP