Clarke asks teammates to lift their game as Oz No.1 ranking under threat
Sydney: Australia skipper Michael Clarke has called on his under-performing teammates to lift their game as their world No.1 one-day ranking is under threat after being beaten by England at The Oval.
England’s six-wicket win handed them a 2-0 lead in the five-match series and a clean sweep will make the hosts the top-ranked nation in all forms of cricket.
The series now moves to Birmingham before matches in Chester-le-Street and Manchester, a newspaper reports.
Clarke said his side had been badly beaten. “I think the scoreboard at Lord``s (on Friday) probably hid how far away the teams were,” he said.
“I think England outplayed us at Lord``s, it only said 15 runs but I think they outplayed us at Lord``s and they certainly outplayed us here. We have got areas not only with the bat we need to improve but with the ball as well,” Clarke said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!