Clarke backs ‘bottom ranked’ Australia to win T20 WC
Sydney: Captain Michael Clarke has said Australia can go on to win the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka, starting from September 18, but also admitted the team has under performed in the shortest format of the game off late.
Clarke said it is a different thing for Australian team to be ranked so low, pointing towards their ninth spot in the T20 rankings, just one above Ireland.
“Hopefully, we’re not ranked there by the end of the World Cup. It’s different for the Australian team (to be ranked so low), but, I guess, it shows we haven’t performed as well as we need to in that form of the game,” News.com.au quoted Clarke, as saying.
“We need to turn that around, and what better time than at the World Cup,” he added.
“I think we can win the Twenty20 World Cup. We’ve got the talent and we showed that in the last game against Pakistan in the UAE, and I think we’ve showed it in patches over the last couple of years,” he said.
Australia’s World T20 campaign starts with a match against Ireland on September 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared to be declared today at 3PM