Clarke blames inaccessibility of indoor stadium for Ashes loss
Melbourne: Australia`s acting skipper Michael Clarke has blamed lack of access to the facilities at Oval for their drubbing in the fifth Test, resulting in Ashes defeat.
The facilities were being used by Surrey Cricket Club for wining and dining corporate clients.
"It is a little bit disappointing that other priorities have taken place in the indoor facilities here at The Oval. I used the bowling machine in the indoor nets as part of my preparation throughout the whole Test series, I guess it`s no coincidence why I didn`t make any runs here," said Clarke.
Surrey Cricket Club had contracted the nets area to ticket and events agency Keith Prowse which used the space to host clients during matches.
Clarke also questioned ground preparation in England following Tuesday`s abandonment of the second Twenty20 match in Manchester as 15 hours before the Lancashire`s cricketers were playing a county match on the same surface.
"The ground has to be fit for the players to play. Maybe the covering system is something the counties can look at. For me, the wicket is first and foremost, the priority is to keep that dry; second are the bowlers` run-ups.”
"Both ends of the run-ups the other night were just not up to scratch and that`s the main reason I believe the umpires did not rule the ground fit," Clarke said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened