Clarke delighted to have fast bowlers Johnson, Bollinger back in form
Sydney: Australia captain Michael Clarke has said it’s great to see fast bowlers Mitchell Johnson and Doug Bollinger back in form after the duo played during a domestic one-day game between New South Wales (NSW) and Western Australia (WA).
Johnson and Bollinger, both key members of the Australian attack at times in recent years, fell out of favour due to injuries and indifferent form with younger men taking their spots in the Test team.
Johnson and Bollinger are eyeing a return in the Australia Test squad Clarke said Bollinger is coming back to his best after facing him in the net.
“I have faced him in the nets the last week or so and I think it is as quick as I have seen him bowl. He is as fit as he has been and he’s spoken to me a lot about what he has to do to get into the Australian team,” News.com.au quoted Clarke, as saying.
“That was a good start today, and if he can keep bowling like that and taking wickets, I can’t see any reason why he can’t get back playing for Australia,” he added.
Johnson, the 2009 ICC Cricketer of the Year and a veteran of 47 Tests also managed to impress Clarke.
“Mitch’s first six or seven overs today were outstanding. He swung the ball, which is good to see, and bowled good pace,” Clarke said.
“It is great to see Mitch back bowling well and it is about putting performances on the board,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof