Clarke loses No.1 batting status in Tests
Sydney: Australia captain Michael Clarke has lost his No.1 batting status in Tests despite his team’s first Test win over the West Indies this week.
Clarke, who achieved the No.1 ranking when the ICC updated their world Test player lists at the end of March, has fallen two spots to third behind South Africa`s AB de Villiers and Jacques Kallis in the wake of the three-wicket win in Barbados.
The Australia captain managed 73 and six in his two innings at Kensington Oval but the scores weren`t enough to hold on to top spot, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Windies veteran Shivnarine Chanderpaul has moved up to fifth on the batting list after his unbeaten 103 in the first innings in Barbados.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill