Clarke loses No.1 batting status in Tests
Sydney: Australia captain Michael Clarke has lost his No.1 batting status in Tests despite his team’s first Test win over the West Indies this week.
Clarke, who achieved the No.1 ranking when the ICC updated their world Test player lists at the end of March, has fallen two spots to third behind South Africa`s AB de Villiers and Jacques Kallis in the wake of the three-wicket win in Barbados.
The Australia captain managed 73 and six in his two innings at Kensington Oval but the scores weren`t enough to hold on to top spot, The Sydney Morning Herald reports.
Windies veteran Shivnarine Chanderpaul has moved up to fifth on the batting list after his unbeaten 103 in the first innings in Barbados.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA