Clarke needs 87 runs to surpass legendary Bradman’s run tally for Oz
Sydney: In form Michael Clarke is in touching distance of surpassing legendary Don Bradman’s run tally for Australia, as he needs only 87 runs in the final Test match against Sri Lanka in Sydney to go beyond the great cricketer’s career total of 6996.
While there is only one Bradman, scoring his runs in almost half as many Tests as Clarke while averaging nearly twice as much, it was at the SCG exactly a year ago that Clarke did something so special not even Bradman had managed it, News.com.au reports.
The 329 not out Clarke scored against India is the only Test triple century made at the SCG, and he also eclipsed Bradman by becoming the only player in history to pass 200 four times in a calendar year, the paper added.
Just to top off 2012 Clarke also broke Ricky Ponting’s Australian record for the most runs in a calendar year, 1595 runs at an average of 106. Yet for all his great achievements over the past year, which were launched by his unparalleled performance at the SCG, Clarke refuses to luxuriate in his success.
Clarke said he was proud of achievement but feels he can still improve and achieve something more special. The captain said he still feels there are some areas on which he can still work, adding that his individual records are of no value if the team is not winning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what