Clarke needs 87 runs to surpass legendary Bradman’s run tally for Oz
Sydney: In form Michael Clarke is in touching distance of surpassing legendary Don Bradman’s run tally for Australia, as he needs only 87 runs in the final Test match against Sri Lanka in Sydney to go beyond the great cricketer’s career total of 6996.
While there is only one Bradman, scoring his runs in almost half as many Tests as Clarke while averaging nearly twice as much, it was at the SCG exactly a year ago that Clarke did something so special not even Bradman had managed it, News.com.au reports.
The 329 not out Clarke scored against India is the only Test triple century made at the SCG, and he also eclipsed Bradman by becoming the only player in history to pass 200 four times in a calendar year, the paper added.
Just to top off 2012 Clarke also broke Ricky Ponting’s Australian record for the most runs in a calendar year, 1595 runs at an average of 106. Yet for all his great achievements over the past year, which were launched by his unparalleled performance at the SCG, Clarke refuses to luxuriate in his success.
Clarke said he was proud of achievement but feels he can still improve and achieve something more special. The captain said he still feels there are some areas on which he can still work, adding that his individual records are of no value if the team is not winning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25