Clarke says Lanka thrashing set new standards for Oz to emulate during India series
Sydney: Australia captain Michael Clarke has said their comprehensive victory in the second Test match against Sri Lanka at the MCG has set the required standards for his team and they would try to emulate these performances in their upcoming tours to India and next year’s Ashes series.
Clarke said Australia’s ruthless approach in their innings and 201 runs win against the Lankans in the Boxing Day Test match was the most impressive outcome from the match, News.com.au repots.
Clarke said despite being on the top for the entire game at the MCG, Australian players never stopped giving their best and were awarded with a comprehensive win within two and a half days.
Australia took just 24.2 overs to rattle Sri Lanka today, with Kumar Sangakkara retiring hurt and two players failing to bat due to injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites