Clarke says Lanka thrashing set new standards for Oz to emulate during India series
Sydney: Australia captain Michael Clarke has said their comprehensive victory in the second Test match against Sri Lanka at the MCG has set the required standards for his team and they would try to emulate these performances in their upcoming tours to India and next year’s Ashes series.
Clarke said Australia’s ruthless approach in their innings and 201 runs win against the Lankans in the Boxing Day Test match was the most impressive outcome from the match, News.com.au repots.
Clarke said despite being on the top for the entire game at the MCG, Australian players never stopped giving their best and were awarded with a comprehensive win within two and a half days.
Australia took just 24.2 overs to rattle Sri Lanka today, with Kumar Sangakkara retiring hurt and two players failing to bat due to injury.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31