Clarke says Oz batsmen, not bowlers, `real worry` for Ashes
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that his team`s batsmen are the real worry for the Ashes, instead of the bowlers.
Although coach Mickey Arthur said that his team has the best bowling attack in the world and can win the Ashes, Clarke said that that counts for little if there are not enough runs on the board, the Sydney.
Stating that they have to play very well as a team to have success in the Ashes, Clarke said that Australia`s focus during the two practice matches before the first Test on July 10 was to make sure that they are scoring enough runs as well as giving the bowlers an opportunity to show their class.
According to Clarke, they have got plenty of time in view of preparation to stay focused on what they need as a team, adding that they will be prepared as well as they can for the first Test.
Stating that the suspended David Warner was training `exceptionally hard` to regain his spot at the top of the order, Clarke however, admitted that it would be tough for Warner as he would not have any game time, although he added that the opener will be doing everything he can to put his name up for the first Test.
While the skipper had `no idea` if Fawad Ahmed will be playing in the Ashes although legislation fast-tracking citizenship in special circumstances, including for elite athletes, cleared the Senate, he was certain the Pakistan-born leg-spinner is a very good cricketer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...