Clarke says Oz batsmen, not bowlers, `real worry` for Ashes
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has said that his team`s batsmen are the real worry for the Ashes, instead of the bowlers.
Although coach Mickey Arthur said that his team has the best bowling attack in the world and can win the Ashes, Clarke said that that counts for little if there are not enough runs on the board, the Sydney.
Stating that they have to play very well as a team to have success in the Ashes, Clarke said that Australia`s focus during the two practice matches before the first Test on July 10 was to make sure that they are scoring enough runs as well as giving the bowlers an opportunity to show their class.
According to Clarke, they have got plenty of time in view of preparation to stay focused on what they need as a team, adding that they will be prepared as well as they can for the first Test.
Stating that the suspended David Warner was training `exceptionally hard` to regain his spot at the top of the order, Clarke however, admitted that it would be tough for Warner as he would not have any game time, although he added that the opener will be doing everything he can to put his name up for the first Test.
While the skipper had `no idea` if Fawad Ahmed will be playing in the Ashes although legislation fast-tracking citizenship in special circumstances, including for elite athletes, cleared the Senate, he was certain the Pakistan-born leg-spinner is a very good cricketer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?