Clarke says Ponting should `call him` to settle feud
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has told Ricky Ponting that he has his number if there is anything worth talking about as the pair wrestle publicly over comments in the former captain`s book.
According to News.com.au, Michael Hussey entered the debate with revelations in his book that he approached then coach Mickey Arthur with concerns over team culture during the West Indies tour in April last year.
Clarke has claimed Ponting did not speak to him about his concerns and the first he knew of them was when the book, At the Close of Play was released, the report said.
Ponting countered those claims yesterday, the report added.
The former captain said that he had not spoken to Clarke but he was sort of expecting a phone call or message, adding that he was planning to do that himself as he wanted him to read the book.
Clarke missed the tour of India with a chronic back injury and was not expected back until the second round of the domestic competition, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- 150 soldiers, 2 canines - Bravehearts who rescued Lance Naik Koppad from Siachen Glacier