Clarke says Ponting should `call him` to settle feud
Sydney: Australian captain Michael Clarke has told Ricky Ponting that he has his number if there is anything worth talking about as the pair wrestle publicly over comments in the former captain`s book.
According to News.com.au, Michael Hussey entered the debate with revelations in his book that he approached then coach Mickey Arthur with concerns over team culture during the West Indies tour in April last year.
Clarke has claimed Ponting did not speak to him about his concerns and the first he knew of them was when the book, At the Close of Play was released, the report said.
Ponting countered those claims yesterday, the report added.
The former captain said that he had not spoken to Clarke but he was sort of expecting a phone call or message, adding that he was planning to do that himself as he wanted him to read the book.
Clarke missed the tour of India with a chronic back injury and was not expected back until the second round of the domestic competition, according to the report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal