Clarke still not fit, to miss NZ tie
Birmingham: Australia skipper Michael Clarke will miss the game against New Zealand on Wednesday as he is yet to fully recover from his back injury, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Tuesday.
"Michael is continuing to have intensive treatment in London, and whilst he is making good progress, he has not improved sufficiently enough to play the game against New Zealand on Wednesday," said CA physiotherapist Alex Kountouris in a statement.
"We will continue to monitor his progress and determine his availability for next week`s final group game against Sri Lanka," he added.
Australia will take on a buoyant New Zealand in a must-win game at Edgbaston.
Australia had lost their opening Group A match of the tournament to England by 48 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you