Clarke still not fit, to miss NZ tie
Birmingham: Australia skipper Michael Clarke will miss the game against New Zealand on Wednesday as he is yet to fully recover from his back injury, Cricket Australia (CA) said on Tuesday.
"Michael is continuing to have intensive treatment in London, and whilst he is making good progress, he has not improved sufficiently enough to play the game against New Zealand on Wednesday," said CA physiotherapist Alex Kountouris in a statement.
"We will continue to monitor his progress and determine his availability for next week`s final group game against Sri Lanka," he added.
Australia will take on a buoyant New Zealand in a must-win game at Edgbaston.
Australia had lost their opening Group A match of the tournament to England by 48 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS