‘Class players’ make Sri Lanka one of the best T20 teams: White
Sydney: Australian Twenty20 vice-captain Cameron White has said that undoubted ‘class players’ Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene and Lasith Malinga make Sri Lanka one of the most potent teams in the world.
White’s comment comes ahead of Sunday’s Twenty20 international between the two teams in Perth.
“There’s no secrets there, they’ve (Sangakkara and Jayawardene) been great players for Sri Lanka over a number of years, so they’re probably the two big wickets,” the Age quoted White, as saying.
“[Tillakaratne] Dilshan is a dangerous player at the top of the order as well, and we know they have a host of spinners,” he added.
The vice-captain further said that it would be interesting to see the Sri Lankan team’s bowling combination.
“Traditionally it doesn’t spin a lot here. In saying that, [Lasith] Malinga’s one of the best Twenty20 players in the world, I think, so they’ve got a pretty good team. A very good team, not to be taken lightly,” he added.
Sri Lanka will play a Twenty20 match and a three-match ODI series during their short tour of Australia.
The first ODI will be played on November 3 at Melbourne, followed by second on November 5 at Sydney and third on November 7 at Brisbane.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army