Sydney: Australia`s cricket squad held frank discussions to clear the air over Simon Katich`s controversial sacking and will go on their upcoming tour of Sri Lanka tour with no ill-feelings, captain Michael Clarke said on Friday.
Katich`s test career looks over after the 35-year-old opener was not given a central contract last month, a decision that baffled former captain Ricky Ponting among others.
Katich suggested his sacking had unease within the squad but Clarke said the air had been cleared at the team`s Brisbane camp ahead of their Sri Lanka tour starting next month.
"We had a couple of really good meetings on Sunday night, which were really open in an environment where guys were comfortable to voice their opinion," Clarke said.
"I wanted to give everyone the opportunity to say what they had to say and take it on board -- as a group, we can now work together.
"We all walked out of that looking forward to what was in front of us ... The boys are now feeling very comfortable," he added.
Australia play two Twenty20, five one-day internationals and three test matches in Sri Lanka from Aug. 6-Sept. 20.