‘Cleared’ Siddle slams ‘ridiculous’ ball-tampering accusations
Sydney: Australia fast bowler Peter Siddle has blasted ball-tampering allegations on him as ridiculous after he along with opener Ed Cowan were embroiled in controversy following persistent complaints from Sri Lankan hierarchy.
Siddle`s man-of-the-match performance in the Hobart Test was overshadowed by explosive allegations of ball tampering after Sri Lankan management informally raised concerns on Sunday night with International Cricket Council (ICC) match referee Chris Broad.
Shortly after Australia`s stirring 137-run victory at Blundstone Arena, it was revealed that footage of Siddle and Cowan had been sent to ICC headquarters in Dubai.
The ICC released a statement at the end of play claiming that the umpires found no evidence of ball tampering.
“That is a ridiculous statement. There`s a picture going around on Twitter, but on Twitter you can say what you want and there`s no consequences,” News.com.au quoted Siddle, as saying.
“If you took a picture of every time I turn around and run into bowl, it will look exactly like that same picture.
If you watch a video of it, you would see me turning around the ball and running in, but if you take a snap of a still picture you can make anything look unreal,” he added.
Siddle further said in a sarcastic tone: “I wake up in the morning, I thought today if I ran out there and ball tampered in front of 15 cameras and a lot of people watching the game I will get away with it.”
“Why would I want to jeopardise that when I know we can go out there and do everything in the spirit of the game and win?” he added.
“I`ve got no idea if it was about me, my girlfriend alerted me to something that was on Twitter. There`s nothing to it at all,” he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested